Biotechnology - Cancer Biology
- Kumudini BS, Jayamohan NS, Patil SV and Govardhana M. (2018). Primary plant metabolism during plant-pathogen interactions and its role in defense. In: Plant Metabolites and Regulation under Environmental Stress, Eds: P Ahmad, MA Ahanger ,VP Singh, DK Tripathi, P Alam, Academic Press, USA, Pg 215-229 https://doi.org/10.1016/B978-0-12-812689-9.00011-X
- Kumudini BS, Jayamohan NS and Patil SV. (2017). Integrated mechanisms of plant disease containment by rhizospheric bacteria: Unraveling the signal cross-talk between plant and fluorescent Pseudomonas. In: Agriculturally Important Microbes for Sustainable Agriculture – Volume-2: Applications in Crop Production and Protection. Eds: VS Meena, PK Mishra, JK Bisht, A Pattanayak, doi: 10.1007/978-981-10-5343-6_9, Springer Nature Singapore Pte Ltd.
- T. Ravikiran, R. Vani and S. Anand. (2017). Differential expression of the brain proteome in physical training. In: Physical Activity and Aging Brain. Ed.: RR Watson. Elsevier publn.
- V.K. Nadumane, P. Venkatachalam and B. Gajaraj (2015). “Aspergillus Applications in Cancer Research”. In-New and Future Developments in Microbial Biotechnology and Bioengineering. Elsevier, Netherlands, pp. 235-247.
- Ramesh K V, Mutangana D and Sudha Deshmukh (2014) Protein Modelling, In: Recent developments in Biotechnology, Bioinformatics and Computational Biology, Vol 6 (Studium press)
- Ramesh K V, Mutangana D and Sudha Deshmukh (2014) Protein –ligand interaction In: Recent Developments in Biotechnology, Bioinformatics and Computational Biology, Vol 6 (Studium press)
- Nalini Sankararamakrishnan and Leela Iyengar. (2012). Arsenic contamination, toxicity and health effects: Cases from India and Bangladesh. In: Water and Health Reader, Eds: Anjal Prakash, Saravanan S V & Jayati Chourey. SAGE Publications Pvt. Ltd.
- Poonam Singh, Leela Iyengar and Anjali Pandey. (2012). Bacterial decolorization and degradation of azo dyes, In: Microbial Degradation of Xenobiotics, Environmental Science and Engineering, Ed.: S. N. Singh, Springer-Verlag Berlin Heidelberg.
- Lalitha R., Rajalakshmi R, Ramachandran R, Velvijayan V, Ghanapathi Subramanian E, Salamun DE., Abirami G. (2012). Rapid isolation of DNA from marine nudibranch egg mass, Gastropoda by CTAB and SDS methods. In: Advances in Aquatic Biotoxins-Venom and Poison, LAP Lambert Academic Publishing, Germany.
- Prerana V, Varalakshmi KN. (2018). Purification and characterization of a protease inhibitor with anticancer potential from Bacillus endophyticus JUPR15. Current Cancer Therapy Reviews - 73: 170-179 (In press)
- Prerana V, Varalakshmi KN. (2018). Overexpression of p53 and Bax mediating apoptosis in cancer cell lines induced by a bioactive compound from Bacillus endophyticus JUPR15. Process Biochemistry, 73 170–179. (IF: 2.7)
- Tanisha and Mala Majumdar (2018). Optimization of an Antihyperglycemic Polyherbal Formulation using Response Surface Methodology. Journal of Scientific and Industrial Research (Accepted). IF: 0.534.
- Ashwini M Appaji and Mala Majumdar (2018). In Vivo Anti-inflammatory Activity of Exacum bicolor Roxb. Leaves. Indian Journal of Pharmaceutical Sciences. (Accepted) IF: 0.66.
- Sunil V, Shree N, Venkataranganna MV, Bhonde RR, Mala Majumdar. (2017).The anti-diabetic and anti-obesity effect of Memecylon umbellatum extract in high fat diet induced obese mice. Biomedicine & Pharmacotherapy 89: 880–886. IF: 3.457.
- Tanisha and Mala Majumdar (2017). Evaluation of in vitro anti-hyperglycemic, anti-lipase and antioxidant activities of edible seeds. International Journal of Advanced Life Sciences. 10(1): 122-130.
- Shukla M, Varalakshmi KN. (2018). Apoptosis induction in cancer cell lines by the carotenoid fucoxanthinol from Pseudomonas stutzeri JGI 52. Indian Journal of Pharmacology, 50:116-122. (IF:0.902)
- Shirisha Rao and Varalakshmi KN. (2016). Evaluation of the anticancer potential of coffee beans: An in vitro study. Indian Journal of Traditional Knowledge, 15 (2): 266-271.IF: 1.06
- Shirisha Rao and Varalakshmi KN. (2016). Tamarindus indica bark extract and a bioactive fraction induce apoptosis in HeLa and PA-1 Cells. Indian Journal of Pharmaceutical Sciences, 2016; 78(6):725-731. IF: 0.66.
- Bibechana Timsina and Varalakshmi KN. (2016). Purification and purification and evaluation of bioactive fractions for anti-cancer potentials from the flowers and leaves of Nyctanthes arbourtristis L. Chiang Mai Journal of Science. 43(1) 100-111. IF:054
- Prashanthi K, Sandeep S and Varalakshmi KN (2015). Brazilian Archives of Biology and Technology. 58(6): 869-876
- K Prashanthi, Praveen Kumar PTV and Varalakshmi KN (2015). Optimization of culture variables for the production of cytotoxic yellow pigment using response surface methodology. International Journal of Biology, Pharmacy and Allied Sciences 4(4): 2047-2057.
- K Prashanthi and KN Varalakshmi (2015). In vitro cytotoxic and antibacterial potentials of extracts from three marine isolates of actinomycetes isolated from coastal ecosystems of Tanur, Kerala, India. Bangladesh Journal of Pharmacology 10: 57-62.IF: 0.815
- Apoorva Prabhu, Prerana V, Bharath G, Varalakshmi K N. (2014). Induction of apoptosis in the cervical cancer cell line HeLa by a novel metabolite extracted from the fungus Aspergillus japonicus Saito. Turkish Journal of Biology, 38: 922-929.IF:1.0
- Bibechana Timsina and Varalakshmi K N. (2014). Anti-cancer potential of banana flower extract: An in vitro study. Bangladesh Journal of Pharmacology, 9: 628-635.
- Vikram Mathews, Biju George, Ezhilarasi Chendamarai, Kavitha M. Lakshmi, Salamun Desire, Poonkuzhali Balasubramanian, Auro Viswabandya, Rajashekar Thirugnanam, Aby Abraham, Ramachandran Velayudhan Shaji, Alok Srivastava, Mammen Chandy (2010). Single Agent Arsenic trioxide in the treatment of newly diagnosed acute promyelocytic leukemia: Long Term Follow Up Data. Journal of Clinical Oncology. 28(24):3866-71. IF: 26.303
- Mathews V, Desire Salamun, George B, Lakshmi KM, Rao JG, Viswabandya A, Bajel A, Srivastava VM, Srivastava A, Chandy M (2006). Hepatotoxicity profile of single agent arsenic trioxide in the treatment of newly diagnosed acute promyelocytic leukemia, its impact on clinical outcome and the effect of genetic polymorphisms on the incidence of hepatotoxicity. Leukemia 20(5):881-3. IF: 12.104.
- Salamun Desire, Poonkuzhali Balasubramanian, Ashish Bajel, Biju George, AuroViswabandya, Vikram Mathews, Alok Srivastava, Mammen Chandy (2009). Frequency of TPMT alleles in Indian patients with Acute Lymphatic leukemia and effect on the dose of 6-mercaptopurine.Medical Oncology. IF: 2.920.
- Poonkuzhali B, Shaji RV, Salamun D.E, George B, Srivastava A and Chandy M (2005). Cytochrome P4501A1 and glutathione S-transferase gene polymorphisms in patients with aplastic anemia in India. Acta Hematologica. 114(3):127-32. IF: 1.307
- P Balasubramanian, S Desire, JC Panetta, KM Lakshmi, V Mathews, B George, A Viswabandya, M Chandy, R Krishnamoorthy, A Srivastava (2012). Population pharmacokinetics of oral busulfan in patients with beta thalassemia major undergoing bone marrow transplantation. Bone Marrow Transplantation 47, 1178–1185, IF: 3.570
- Salamun Desire, Ezhil Pavai Mohanan, Biju George, Vikram Mathews, Mammen Chandy, Alok Srivastava, Poonkuzhali Balasubramanian (2013). A rapid & sensitive liquid chromatography-tandem mass spectrometry method for the quantitation of busulfan levels in plasma & application for routine therapeutic monitoring in haematopoietic stem cell transplantation. Indian Journal of Medical Research. 137(4), 777. IF: 1.508