SoS is well-equipped with the following facilities to support M.Sc., M.Phil. and Ph.D. students to carry out research work in the areas of Biotechnology, Bioinformatics, Microbiology, Biochemistry and Physics.
• Bacterial culture
• Animal culture
• Plant tissue culture
The library is at the center of academic life and provides a range of services to support & enhance student learning at the campus. A team of subject specialist librarians and other trained staff provide a wide range of services to support your information needs and help you make the most of the resources available.
• Study places for more than 50 readers
• Collections of printed books & journal
• Main collection of books-2000 of them as well as CDs, DVDs and journals
• PCs for access to databases and the Internet
• Self-service units for borrowing / returning books
SoS is well equipped with computational facility. The center has 40 computers, along with computer cluster and supercomputing facility (SGI Altix UV10).
A total of 27 computers, each of 256 MB RAM, with dual booting (WINDOWS and LINUX OS), loaded with various bioinformatics and statistical software, is made available in computer lab for Postgraduate students for their routine studies.
The computer cluster (with a total of 20 CPU’s) installed in Bioinformatics research lab is installed with FEDORA CORE LINUX (2 GB RAM for master system and 1 GB RAM for client systems). The SGI Altix UV10 (2 physical CPU’s with 8 core each and 64 GB RAM) has SUSSANE LINUX OS. Both, computer cluster and SGI Altix, is loaded with advanced bioinformatics softwares (AMBER, GAUSSIAN, E-CELL etc) and are used by research scholars.
Physics: Equipments in the material science lab
• X-ray diffractometer
• Hall coefficient of n and p type semiconductor set up
• Magnetic susceptibility by Buoyâ€™s method
• UV absorption spectroscopy
• Resistivity measurement by four probe method
• Furnaces – two numbers – one upto 900 deg C and the other upto 1200 deg C
• Spin coating set up